Dedicated Vancouver WA Construction Accident Attorneys Ready To Assist You
Every year, thousands of Americans are harmed or killed on construction job sites because of unsafe working conditions.
The construction industry is responsible for almost 18% of all workplace fatalities. Caused by lax safety procedures, negligence, faulty equipment, or poor supervision, most catastrophes that occur on construction sites could have been prevented.
Machines, compressed gasses, nail guns, cranes, scaffolding, and falls can cause serious injuries. Construction companies often blame the worker, but D’Amore Law Group is known for a thorough investigation and case analysis in defense of injured workers against unsafe contractors. Our Vancouver WA construction accident attorney is experienced in handling construction site injury and death cases – call for a free consultation
Commercial Construction Site Injury
The leading causes of construction worker death on job sites are falls, electrocution, and being struck by an object (OSHA) – but there are many ways workers can sustain a catastrophic injury on construction sites. Improperly secured scaffolding, or guardrails, electrocution, defective design (of scaffolding, tools, or construction equipment), improper ventilation, and big machines like forklifts can all cause serious injury or even death. Loud noises may cause deafness, and chemical exposure can be fatal.
Residential Construction Site Injury
Many construction workers incorrectly believe that “getting injured” is part of working in construction. However, construction companies and sub-contractors are required to maintain and enforce safety precautions to protect their workers, other contractors’ workers, and the public. Serious, debilitating injuries occur when work sites are unsafe – and are usually the result of negligence.
Construction Site Accidents: Personal Injury or Workers’ Compensation?
If you have been injured on a Vancouver, WA, construction site, are you limited to filing for workers’ compensation (which only offers limited benefits)? Or, are you entitled to file a personal injury claim and seek full compensation for your injury-related losses?
While some construction workers are eligible for workers’ compensation, many are not. Furthermore, even if you are entitled to file for benefits, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim as well. This is important because:
- In Washington, workers’ compensation benefits are limited to certain medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages; and,
- By filing a personal injury claim, you can recover full compensation for your long-term medical care, your loss of income and future earning capacity, your pain, and suffering, and all of your other financial and non-financial losses.
At D’Amore Law Group, we focus our practice on recovering maximum compensation for injured construction workers and their families. We handle personal injury and wrongful death claims against property owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, and other companies, and we fight aggressively to ensure that our clients suffer no more than necessary as a result of construction site accidents.
Sadly, many of these accidents could be avoided with basic safety precautions (which are required by law) and the replacement of worn-out tools, equipment, and machinery. But, companies too often put their profits ahead of their workers’ safety. When they do, it is workers and their families who suffer the consequences for the rest of their lives.
Proving Negligence After a Construction Site Accident in Vancouver, WA
When seeking financial compensation for personal injury or wrongful death, the key is being able to prove that someone else’s negligence is to blame for the accident. The good news and bad news is that negligence on construction sites is exceedingly common, and construction workers regularly suffer severe and life-threatening injuries due to accidents that could – and should – have been avoided.
At D’Amore Law Group, we regularly handle cases involving the following types of accidents, all of which routinely result from the negligence of construction companies and other businesses:
- Falls from heights
- Falls from ladders and scaffolding
- Injuries caused by falling tools, building materials, and debris
- Forklift and other heavy machinery accidents
- Crushing and pinching accidents involving trucks, dumping, and other hazards
- Electrocutions resulting from faulty, incomplete, and unprotected wiring
- Inhalation of dust or fumes and other forms of toxic exposure
Regardless of what happened and who you believe may be to blame, it is important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Our legal team is available to speak with construction workers and their family members 24/7, and we can help you understand everything you need to know about protecting your legal rights.
Notable Results Obtained by Our Vancouver WA Construction Accident Law Firm
- $1.8 million settlement on behalf of an Oregon construction worker who was severely injured while working on a new residential construction site. Hit by a falling stack of drywall that had been improperly stacked, he was propelled through the temporary guardrail, landing head-first on the floor below.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of a construction worker crushed in a pinch point between a large machine and a wall while working on a commercial job site in Portland. The worker was killed instantly; the Vancouver WA construction accident lawyer at D’Amore Law Group represented his children in the wrongful death case.
Our firm represents clients for other types of personal injury cases as well, including:
- Auto Vehicle Accidents
- Highway-Roadway Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Bicycle Crash Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorbike Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Spinal Cord and Head Injury
- Sinus Surgery Injury
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- Child Injury
- Product Liability
- Class Actions
- Bad Faith Attorneys & Insurance Fraud
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation in Vancouver, WA
Would you like more information about injured construction workers’ or family members’ legal rights in Vancouver, WA? If so, we encourage you to contact us for a free initial consultation. To speak with one of our highly experienced attorneys in confidence, please call or inquire online today.