Trusted Vancouver Bicycle Accident Attorneys Represent Bicycle Riders Who Have Suffered Serious Injuries
Vancouver, WA, is a great place to live if you love to ride your bike. Whether you ride for pleasure, for exercise, or as a mode of transportation, Vancouver has more than enough bike lanes, paths, and trails to keep you exploring and energized for your daily ride.
Of course, riding your bicycle in or around any city can be dangerous, and Vancouver is no exception. While Washington’s bicycle and traffic laws entitle cyclists to many of the same rights as drivers on the road, many drivers fail to respect cyclists’ rights and put them in harm’s way.
If you have been injured in a bike accident in Vancouver, don’t hesitate to contact D’Amore Law Group today.
Were You Seriously Injured in a Bicycle Accident in Vancouver?
Most accidents involving bicycles and motor vehicles are the result of driver negligence. Just as negligent drivers are most often responsible for vehicle collisions, they are also the most likely to be responsible for serious bicycle accidents.
Driver negligence can take many forms. Our trusted Vancouver, WA bicycle accident lawyers represent injured cyclists in claims against drivers involving:
- All forms of distracted driving (including talking on the phone and texting behind the wheel)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, and other recreational drugs
- Driving under the influence of prescription and non-prescription medications
- Driving in the bike lane or shoulder
- Speeding, tailgating cyclists, and other forms of aggressive and careless driving
- Turning into or in front of cyclists, failing to yield the right of way, and other common driving mistakes
- Pulling out and opening car doors in the path of oncoming cyclists
These are just some of the most common examples. Additionally, while driver negligence is the most common factor in serious bicycle accidents, other factors can be involved as well. In addition to claims for driver negligence, we also represent Vancouver, WA, bicycle riders in claims involving:
- Road hazards and defects (g., gravel, construction debris, potholes, and crumbling shoulders)
- Issues with bike paths and bike lanes (g., missing signage and lanes that are obstructed or end suddenly without warning)
- Vehicle defects (g., brake failures that make it impossible for drivers to stop in time to avoid a collision with a cyclist)
- Bicycle and equipment defects (g., bicycle brake failures, wheel and tire failures, and defective bicycle helmets)
- Negligence of other cyclists (g., cyclists who pull out in front of cars, forcing them to swerve or who cause collisions while riding in groups)
We Help Injured Bicycle Riders Deal with the Insurance Companies and Collect Compensation from Other Sources
One question we get from many bicycle riders who have been injured in accidents is: How does auto insurance apply to bicycle accidents (if it applies at all)?
Generally speaking, auto insurance applies to bicycle accidents in the same way that it applies to collisions between motor vehicles. If you have auto insurance, you can seek coverage under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy (even though you were not driving at the time of the collision). If the driver does not have adequate coverage, and you can file a claim under your uninsured/underinsured (UIM) policy as well. If the driver does have coverage, and if he or she was at fault in the accident, then you can file a bodily injury liability (BIL) claim just as you would if you were injured in a motor vehicle collision.
When you choose D’Amore Law Group, our Vancouver, WA bicycle accident attorneys will handle the insurance aspects of your bicycle accident for you. We will also determine if you have liability claims against other parties, such as your bicycle’s manufacturer or the government agency that is responsible for the road where the accident occurred.
Get the Help You Need to Recover from Your Bicycle Accident in Vancouver
Following a serious bicycle accident, the road to recovery can be long, difficult, and expensive. At D’Amore Law Group, our Vancouver, WA bicycle accident lawyer works hard to make sure our clients have the financial resources they need to move on. Our attorneys have decades of experience representing injured cyclists and other accident victims in Washington, and we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients’ medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses. If you have been seriously injured in a bicycle accident in Vancouver, we can help you, too, and we encourage you to contact us right away.
To discuss your bicycle accident claim with a skilled Vancouver bicycle accident attorney at D’Amore Law Group, contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation right away.
Other Areas We Practice
Our firm represents clients for other types of personal injury cases as well, including:
- Auto Vehicle Accidents
- Highway-Roadway Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorbike Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Spinal Cord and Head Injury
- Sinus Surgery Injury
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- Child Injury
- Product Liability
- Class Actions
- Bad Faith Attorneys & Insurance Fraud