Committed Vancouver WA Medication Error Attorneys Ready To Fight For You
Prescription and medication errors can occur in hospitals, at the pharmacy, in the doctor’s office, and over the internet. There are an estimated 2.5 billion prescriptions dispensed by pharmacies in the U.S. An estimated 3.75 billion drugs were administered in hospitals. Errors in medication are a major source of medical mistakes that can cause injury or death. Prescription and medication errors that can occur in pharmacies or in hospitals include:
- Wrong medication: the patient gets the wrong medication despite the doctor prescribing the correct one.
- Drug name mix-ups: several medications have similar-sounding names. The physician and pharmacist need to be vigilant about ensuring they are not negligent in prescribing or dispensing the wrong medication.
- Wrong medication combinations: there are numerous types of medications that should not be mixed because of life-threatening or fatal side effects or cross-reactions when combined.
- Side effects of medication: Almost all medications have some types of side effects. Some are mild, some significant, some can be fatal. Sometimes a drug will be inappropriately prescribed to a patient with a documented allergy.
- Wrong dosage: Even if a patient receives the correct medication, if the patient receives an improper dose (either too much or too little), the consequences can be severe.
- Improper labeling: Improper labeling of medications can result in a variety of issues, including providing a patient with the wrong medication or wrong dosage, mixing up patients’ medications, and failing to warn of potential side effects.
- Failure to monitor: Patients who receive certain types of medications must be monitored for certain types of risks and potential side effects, as complications caused by these medications can require immediate medical intervention.
Common Causes of Medication Errors in Vancouver, WA
Medication errors can result from a variety of forms of negligence. From mistakes made in doctors’ offices, clinics, and hospitals to mistakes made behind the counter at the pharmacy, all forms of negligence resulting in medication errors can potentially entitle patients and their families to financial compensation. At D’Amore Law Group, we handle cases in Vancouver, WA, involving causes including (but not limited to):
- Failure to review patients’ medical records
- Failure to warn patients of potential side effects
- Prescribing errors made by physicians and physician assistants
- Medication administration errors in doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals, and other medical facilities
- Labeling, compounding, and other mistakes made at the pharmacy
Regardless of what happened, if you believe that you or a member of your family has suffered due to a medication error, you should speak with a Vancouver WA medication error lawyer as soon as possible.
Request a Free Initial Consultation with a Trusted Vancouver WA Medication Error Lawyer
At D’Amore Law Group, we handle all medication error cases on a contingency-fee-basis, so you pay nothing unless we win. To find out if you are entitled to financial compensation, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our highly-skilled Vancouver WA medication error attorneys at our offices today.
Other Areas We Practice
D’Amore Law Group also practices the following legal matters:
- Auto Vehicle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Bicycle Crash Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Motorbike Accidents
- Highway-Roadway Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Spinal Cord and Head Injury
- Sinus Surgery Injury
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- Child Injury
- Product Liability
- Class Actions
- Bad Faith Attorneys & Insurance Fraud