Our Trusted Vancouver, WA Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help Victims Recover Just Compensation for Their Losses
According to data from the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), there were 68 pedestrian accidents in Vancouver in 2019. This includes dozens of accidents that resulted in suspected injuries and three that resulted in fatalities.
For a city of Vancouver’s size, this is a significant number of pedestrian accidents. This likely can be attributed to a number of factors, including Vancouver’s walkability, the high prevalence of distracted driving, and the number of days each year that weather plays a role in limiting drivers’ ability to control their vehicles on the road.
Our Lawyers Have Recovered Millions of Dollars in Compensation for Injured Pedestrians
At D’Amore Law Group, our skilled Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident lawyers represent individuals in personal injury claims arising out of pedestrian accidents in Vancouver and throughout Washington. We have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in financial compensation. If you were injured while walking in downtown Vancouver or one of the city’s suburbs, our attorneys can promptly assess your legal rights free of charge, and we can pursue all available claims for compensation on your behalf. We handle all claims on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we win.
In pedestrian accident cases, filing a successful claim is usually a matter of proving driver negligence. While there are other possibilities (e.g., if the driver’s brakes failed), recovering financial compensation will most likely involve filing a claim under the driver’s insurance policy. Common grounds for pursuing auto insurance claims in pedestrian accident cases include:
- The driver ran a red light or stop sign.
- The driver turned without looking.
- The driver failed to yield the right of way at an intersection.
- The driver was speeding or driving recklessly.
- The driver was distracted.
- The driver was drunk or high.
- The driver wasn’t paying enough attention to his or her surroundings.
As the victim of a pedestrian accident, you can file a fault-based claim under the driver’s insurance policy just as you would in a vehicle-on-vehicle accident scenario. If you have auto insurance, you can seek coverage under your policy as well. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage for multiple vehicles, you may be able to “stack” this coverage in order to obtain additional compensation. However, proving liability can still prove challenging, and you need to make sure you accurately calculate your current and future losses. So it will be important for you to work with an experienced Vancouver pedestrian accident attorney to maximize your recovery.
Take These Steps to Protect Your Legal Rights after a Pedestrian Accident in Vancouver, WA
While filing a successful pedestrian accident claim is challenging, it is not impossible. An experienced Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident attorney can help, and there are steps that you can take to help protect your legal rights as well. These include (but are not limited to):
- Taking Care of Your Injuries – First and foremost, you should take care of your injuries. This means that you should see a doctor if you haven’t already, and you should carefully follow your doctor’s advice. Give your body the rest it needs to recover and follow through with your doctor’s care recommendations (or seek a second opinion, if necessary).
- Taking Detailed Notes – The more details you can share with your attorney, the better. To make sure you don’t forget anything, take detailed notes in preparation for your initial consultation.
- Relying on Your Attorney – When you have a pedestrian accident claim, you are the only person involved in your claim that has a vested interest in ensuring that you receive just compensation. Everyone else will be trying to limit how much you recover. With this in mind, you should not try to deal with the insurance companies yourself – instead, listen to your attorney’s advice and let your Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident attorney handle your claim on your behalf.
Get Help with Your Pedestrian Accident Claim in Vancouver, WA
If you would like to speak with an attorney at D’Amore Law Group about your legal rights, we encourage you to schedule a free initial consultation promptly. Our Vancouver, WA pedestrian accident lawyers have decades of experience representing accident victims in Washington; and, if you were injured while walking or running in Vancouver, we can help you win the compensation you deserve.
Traumatic injuries can be extraordinarily costly. If not handled appropriately, a pedestrian accident can drastically impact your life. We can help you recover as fully and as quickly as possible, and we invite you to call or tell us about your accident online to learn more.