Experienced Construction Accident Attorneys Serving Oregon and Washington
Every year, thousands of Americans are harmed or killed on construction job sites because of unsafe working conditions.
The construction industry is responsible for almost 18% of all workplace fatalities. Caused by lax safety procedures, negligence, faulty equipment, or poor supervision, most catastrophes that occur on construction sites could have been prevented.
Machines, compressed gasses, nail guns, cranes, scaffolding, and falls can cause serious injuries. Construction companies often blame the worker, but D’Amore Law Group is known for its thorough investigation and case analysis in defense of injured workers against unsafe contractors. Our Portland construction injury lawyers are experienced in handling construction site injury and death cases – call for a free consultation
Commercial Construction Accidents Attorneys Portland & Vancouver
The leading causes of construction worker death on job sites are falls, electrocution, and being struck by an object (OSHA) – but there are many ways workers can sustain a catastrophic injury on construction sites. Improperly secured scaffolding, or guardrails, electrocution, defective design (of scaffolding, tools or construction equipment), improper ventilation, and big machines like forklifts can all cause serious injury or even death. Loud noises may cause deafness, and chemical exposure can be fatal.
Residential Construction Site Accidents
Many construction workers incorrectly believe that “getting injured” is part of working in construction. However, construction companies and sub-contractors are required to maintain and enforce safety precautions to protect their workers, other contractors’ workers, and the public. Serious, debilitating injuries occur when work sites are unsafe – and are usually the result of negligence.
Recent results obtained by D’Amore Law Group construction accident attorneys
- $3 million result for two men injured on a construction site when a crane caused a structure to collapse, causing the men to fall from the structure.
- $1.9 million result from an environmental worker seriously injured when flooring of a water tower collapsed, causing the man to fall 47 feet.
- $1.8 million settlement on behalf of an Oregon construction worker who was severely injured while working on a new residential construction site. Hit by a falling stack of drywall that had been improperly stacked, he was propelled through the temporary guardrail, landing head-first on the floor below.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of a construction worker crushed in a pinch point between a large machine and a wall while working on a commercial job site in Portland. The worker was killed instantly; D’Amore Law Group represented his children in the wrongful death case.
Contact our Portland or Vancouver Construction Injury Lawyers to Get What you Deserve
Our trusted attorneys also represent all types of personal injury cases, which includes the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Semi-truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Sexual Assault and Abuse
- Wrongful Death