Bicycle Accident Attorney in Bend, Oregon
Bicycling can be a great way to get around, especially in small or mid-sized cities like Portland and Bend. High fuel costs, the need for physical activity, and a growing bike culture have contributed to the increasing number of cyclists on the roads.
However, the quantity of bike lanes and safe streets has not kept up with the growing number of bicycle riders, putting the cyclists in danger. If you are injured because of the negligence of a driver, you have a right to be compensated for your damages, including medical expenses.
In the U.S., approximately 50,000 cyclists are injured in motor vehicle crashes every year. Bike accidents involving a car or truck usually don’t end well for the cyclist.
What to do in case of a bicycle crash:
- Check for injuries: if you or someone else is at all hurt or injured, call 9-1-1 for help. Cyclists are much more likely to be hurt than drivers or passengers, and may not realize they are in pain until the crash adrenaline wears off. If you do have injuries, get medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Exchange information: get the driver’s name, address, driver’s license number and insurance policy information.
- Get information from witnesses: names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Take notes: as soon as possible, write down your recollection of the circumstances of the crash.
- Fill out a DMV traffic accident report.
If you or a family member were injured in a bicycle accident, contact D’Amore Law Group for a free case consultation. D’Amore Law Group has offices located in Bend, Oregon, as well as in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington.
Other Practice Areas We Handle
Our committed injury legal team also has extensive experience to represent clients on these types of injury cases:
Auto Vehicle Accidents
Medical Negligence and Malpractice
Sinus Operation Injury
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Class Actions Lawsuit
Bad Faith Attorneys & Insurance Fraud