Proven Vancouver WA Car Accident Attorneys Ready To Help You
Nearly 34,000 people died in the United States last year as a result of a motor vehicle crash.
Thousands of injuries and fatalities occur on Oregon, Washington, and California roads and highways each year. Innocent people die or are seriously injured at the hands of negligent drivers who speed, ignore signs, are distracted by cell phones, or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Insurance companies for the at-fault driver usually ask car accident victims to sign a monetary settlement – and sign it quickly. A quick settlement, or one that you are asked to sign before your injuries are fully understood, benefits the insurance company at your expense.
It is your legal right to have a lawyer review the documents presented to you by an insurance company before you sign. Finding knowledgeable and committed Vancouver WA car accident attorneys to help you through this difficult time is vital.
Oregon, Washington, and California all have time limits to recover your damages from an automobile accident. Once this time has elapsed, it may be impossible to recover any of your medical bills or other expenses. Furthermore, evidence and memories lapse over time. The sooner you contact a law firm, the better the chance that a lawyer can help you.
It can be very difficult to discuss making a claim if someone you love has died in an accident. All of the Vancouver WA car accident lawyers and staff at D’Amore Law Group will treat you with the respect and care that you deserve. Tom D’Amore and his team of injury attorneys are experienced in bringing wrongful death claims and lawsuits across the Pacific Northwest.
An experienced and well-respected Vancouver WA car accident lawyer, Tom D’Amore was the 2010-2011 President of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association and serves on the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice (AAJ). He has served as AAJ’s Chair of the Motor Vehicle Collision Section and as Chair of AAJ’s Audit Committee. Tom is licensed to practice in Oregon, Washington, and California. D’Amore Law Group has meeting locations in Vancouver, Washington – contact the firm for a free consultation.
Recent car and motor vehicle accident results obtained by D’Amore Law Group and our Vancouver WA Car Accident Attorney
- $2 million dollar recovery against a trucking company on behalf of a Tualatin, Oregon woman whose husband was killed when he was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler driven by a truck driver who was under the influence of alcohol and illegal drugs
- $1 million dollar recovery on behalf of a woman seriously injured in a collision with a dump truck northwest of Portland, Oregon
- $900-thousand dollar recovery on behalf of a Portland-area teen, killed in a head-on auto accident
- $750-thousand dollar recovery on behalf of a driver who sustained a back injury in a rear-end collision
Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, and it only takes one small mistake to cause a lifetime of pain, suffering, and financial loss. Despite the obvious risks of negligent and reckless driving, Vancouver, WA, drivers routinely make mistakes that put others in harm’s way. Tom D’Amore and the other attorneys at D’Amore Law Group have decades of combined experience recovering just compensation for auto accident victims who have been injured due to:
- Talking on the phone, texting, using social media, and other forms of distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, sleep medications, and other drugs
- Exceeding the speed limit and driving too fast for road or weather conditions
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Merging errors, lane change errors, and failure to yield
- Following too closely (tailgating) and failing to stop in time to avoid a collision
- Other common driving mistakes
Other injury practice areas we serve
Our full-service law firm in Vancouver, WA is also representing clients for the following practice areas:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Semi-truck Accidents
- Sexual Abuse and Assault
- Wrongful Death
- Highway-Roadway Accidents
- Spinal Cord and Head Injuries
- Sinus Surgery Injury
- Class Actions
- Insurance Fraud & Bad Faith
Vancouver, WA Auto Accident FAQs
Q: What is the first thing I should do after an auto accident?
After an auto accident, your first priority should be to obtain medical treatment for your injuries. If you have not yet seen a doctor, you should do so promptly. It is also important that you speak with an attorney as soon as possible, as there are other steps you and your lawyer may need to take immediately in order to protect your claim for financial compensation.
Q: How much am I entitled to recover for my losses?
The amount you are entitled to recover depends on factors including (i) who was at fault in the accident, (ii) the extent of your injuries, and (iii) the effects your injuries will have on your life now and in the future. Most auto accident victims’ losses are far greater than they realize. During your free initial consultation, our legal team will begin gathering the information we need in order to assess the value of your claim.
Q: What if I was partially at fault in the accident?
Regardless of the circumstances involved, you should never assume that you were partially at fault in an accident. However, even if you were partially at fault, you are still entitled to compensation under Washington law.
Schedule a Free Auto Accident Consultation in Vancouver, WA
For more information about your legal rights, please contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. To speak with an experienced auto accident attorney at our offices in Vancouver, WA, call us or tell us about your accident online now.