Tom D’Amore Recognized as a Runner-Up for Lawyer Of The Week by American Lawyers Litigation Daily
- Law.com, May 2020
Record jury award stands in wake of fatal Eastern Oregon road rage crash
Tom D’Amore Recognized as a Finalist for the 2020 SFTLA Trial Lawyer of the Year Award
Tom D’Amore Achieves Recertification with the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Attorney Tom D’Amore Achieves Recertification with the National Board of Trial Advocacy Attorney at Law Magazine, April 2020
- Attorney Tom D’Amore Achieves Recertification with the National Board of Trial Advocacy General Counsel News, March 2020
Tom D’Amore Secures $1.2 million Verdict to man hit by a drunk driver
- Local Drunk Driving Victim Awarded $1.2 million Canby Herald, March 2020
- Local Drunk-Driving Victim Awarded $1.2 million Portland Tribune, March 2020
- Addressing a perceived conflict of interest in out-of-home care licensing (APHSA article)
- Protecting children by drafting teacher-student boundary policies (APHSA article)
Truckers Hit With $27M Verdict Over Fatal Road Rage Accident
- “Allison v. Smoot Enters Inc.” verdict and settlement: AAJ magazine, November 2019
- Are Defendants Tipping the Scales on ‘Reptile Theory?: Law, November 2019
- What is Reptile Theory? Check out the original source by David Ball & Don Keenan.
- Losers In Road Rage Case Want New Trial: East Oregonian, August 2019
- Truckers Hit With $27M Verdict Over Fatal Road Rage Crash: Law360, May 2019
- Truckers To Pay $27M After Road Rage Battle Cost A Motorist Her Life: Transportation Nation, May 2019
A $50 million lawsuit was filed today on behalf of 11 Oregon Counties against MERS, the Mortgage Electronic Filing System
- To read a copy of the press release, click here.
- 11 Oregon counties file $50 million lawsuit against MERS: KTVL News, 2016
- 11 Oregon counties sue private mortgage registry MERS: OregonLive, 2016
Tom D’Amore Secures Nearly $1 million Verdict to Injured Welder
A Clark County, Washington jury awarded an experienced welder, seriously injured after a fall from unsecured scaffolding, nearly a million dollars in an oil rig construction accident that his attorney Tom D’Amore called “flat-out preventable”.
- Scaffolding companies pay nearly $1 million for accident: KGW news, July 17, 2015
- Injured welder awarded $947,000: The Columbian, July 17, 2015
- Clark County jury awards Louisiana welder $950, 000 after scaffold collapse: The Oregonian, July 17, 2015
Jury Awards $950,000 Trial Verdict in Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
A Wasco County jury awarded $800,000 in compensatory damages and $150,000 in punitive damages to one of the women abused by Anesthesiologist Frederick Field at Mid-Columbia Medical Center in The Dalles, Oregon. Attorney Tom D’Amore represented the plaintiff against MCMC.
- D’Amore Law Group Earns Sex Abuse Victim $950,000 in Oregon Hospital Trial: April 20, 2015
- Woman molested while anesthetized wins nearly $1 million in suit against hospital in The Dalles: Associated Press, April 19, 2015
- 950K Verdict in MCMC Trial: The Dalles Chronicle, April 18, 2015
MERS Lawsuit News
- County seeking $38 million from MERS, big banks: Portland Business Journal
- Multnomah County authorizes lawsuit against national mortgage giant to recover recording fees: OregonLive
- Multnomah Co. to sue mortgage-services provider MERS: Portland Business Journal
- Multnomah County to sue MERS over mortgage recording fee evasion: BlueOregon
KXL Radio News Interview with Tom D’Amore
News Anchor, Rebecca Marshall: “A man who was buying a ticket at Portland International Raceway was crushed against a ticket booth and will now spend the rest of his life in a care facility. The City of Portland has reached a million-dollar settlement with the man. His Attorney, Tom D’Amore, joins us.” KXL Radio, July 17, 2012
- Gunmaker Could Face Searching Discovery in Sandy Hook Case: BloombergLaw, November 2019
Other Case News
- Wilsonville man to receive $1 million settlement: OregonLive, January 17, 2013
- $1 million settlement reached in Terrace Heights water tower accident: KIMA TV, January 17, 2013
- County Settles Workplace Injury Lawsuit for Over $1-Million: KNDU TV, January 17, 2013
- Yakima County Agrees to $1.15 Million Dollar Legal Settlement for Worker Injured in Water Tower Roof Collapse
- $1.3 million settlement reached in freak accident at entrance to Portland International Raceway: The Oregonian, July 13, 2012
- Medford man gets $1.4 million in settlement one year after being crushed by truck trailer: OregonLive.com, December 21, 2011
- Judge Sentences Driver to 90 Days in Hit-and-Run Death: OPB Radio, June 11, 2013
- Over Two Years in the Making, Biedscheid Sentenced: BikeAroundBend.com, June 11, 2013
Community Involvement News
- D’Amore Law Group is donating over $1000 worth of new winter clothing to the Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center as part of a nationwide community outreach event — known as the Injury Board Day of Action.
- Damore Law Group leads toy drive for foster children.
- December Is National Drunk And Drugged Driving Prevention Month: Oregon attorney Tom D’Amore talks to Aaron Crowe about insurance coverage, civil lawsuits, and the financial implications of drugged and drunk driving.
- Attorney Tom D’Amore Honored with Distinguished Service Award: Tom D’Amore was one of nine trial attorneys nationwide to receive this year’s award for attorneys who go above and beyond their commitment to the principles of the civil justice system and AAJ’s mission.
- D’Amore Law Lends Hand at Safe Kids Day at the Oregon Zoo
- New Documentary Short Reveals Tragic Effects of Distracted Driving: Tragedies Motivate Trial Lawyers’ Campaign to End Distracted Driving
Publications & Presentations
To read more about our publications & presentations, click here.