Trusted Medford Truck Accident Lawyers for Helping the Families Recover from Serious and Fatal Trucking Accidents
If you have been injured in a Medford truck accident, you will likely have many questions. What are your legal rights? Can you file a lawsuit against the truck driver? What about their employer? At D’Amore Law Group, we help families obtain the financial compensation they need to move on after suffering serious injuries or the loss of a loved one in an Oregon truck accident. Our compassionate Medford truck accident attorneys understand that recovering from a major accident is a lengthy process that does not end once you are discharged from the hospital. You may have missed weeks or months of work, and the medical bills are likely piling up – all while you are still suffering from the lingering effects of your injuries. At D’Amore Law Group, we believe that accident victims are best served when attorneys take the time to get to know them, their families, and how the accident impacted their lives.
Recovering after a Jackson County Semi-Truck Accident
Few accidents are as harrowing as a truck accident. However, the unfortunate reality is that there are thousands of Oregon truck accidents each year. In fact, according to the most recent data from the Oregon Crash Analysis and Reporting Unit, there were more than 2,400 accidents involving medium and heavy trucks in 2018. Every accident impacts those involved in different ways. However, often, Medford truck accidents result in life-changing injuries.
Oregon law allows truck accident victims to pursue a claim for compensation against negligent truck drivers. To succeed in a case against a truck driver, the accident victim must prove that the truck driver was negligent. Establishing negligence can be done by showing that the driver violated a duty of care owed to the accident victim. A few common examples of the type of negligence that may result in a Medford trucking accident include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to maintain a single lane
- Improper lane changes
- Equipment malfunction
In some cases, the truck driver’s employer can also be held liable for the driver’s negligence. Under the doctrine of vicarious liability, employers are responsible for the negligent acts of their employees whenever the employee is acting within the scope of their employment. Establishing vicarious liability can be crucial in a Medford truck accident case because few truck drivers have the assets (or the insurance coverage) to fully compensate an accident victim for their injuries. Thus, one of the most critical parts of a truck accident lawsuit is establishing that the driver was acting within the scope of their employment at the time of the accident. Otherwise, an accident victim’s recovery may be unfairly limited.
What to Do after a Medford Truck Accident
Truck accidents happen at a moment’s notice. But in a split second, everything changes. No one anticipates getting into a serious accident. As a result, the immediate aftermath of the accident can be a confusing time. However, this is also an extremely important time, both for an accident victim’s health and safety as well as for a subsequent personal injury case. Below is a list of things to keep in mind if you are involved in a Medford truck accident.
- Remain at the scene – State law requires that all motorists involved in an accident involving property damage or injury stop and remain at the scene. Even if another driver leaves the scene, it is important not to follow them.
- Call the police – Reporting an accident to the police is essential, even if you think you shared responsibility in causing the accident. By calling the police, you will create a record of the accident and trigger an official investigation. The documents generated as a result of this investigation can be crucial to your financial recovery.
- Seek medical attention – Some very serious injuries may not be immediately apparent. So, even if you don’t think you suffered any injuries, it is essential that you get checked out by a doctor. Not only will this ensure that you receive the medical care you need, but it will also provide official documentation of your injuries, which can help establish the full extent of your injuries.
- Speak with an attorney – Once you are safely able to do so, the next step in the process is to speak with one of the dedicated Medford truck accident lawyers at D’Amore Law Group. Once you bring us on your team, we will provide you with a detailed explanation of the process and what we can do to help.
Contact an Experienced Team of Medford Truck Accident Lawyers for Immediate Assistance with Your Case
If you or a loved one has recently suffered injuries in a Medford truck accident, reach out to the knowledgeable Medford truck accident attorneys at the D’Amore Law Group. If you decide to let us represent you, our team of injury advocates will work closely with you and your family to understand the impact the accident had on your life and help you pursue a claim against those parties responsible for your injuries. Contact us by phone, or reach us through our online form to schedule a free consultation.